We often get asked by students “why do I need an AAT membership”…
Well, simply enough, you can’t get your qualification without it. If you don’t have an AAT membership, then you will not be given your unique personal AAT number which allows you to sit your AAT exams – which means, if you don’t have your AAT membership then you won’t be able to sit your exams and therefore won’t get your certificate at the end of your course.
Don’t worry though, the AAT advises that you need to register with the AAT within 1 month of enrolling onto your course. As an example, if you enrolled on the 15th of January then you would need to have registered by the 15th of February, so you don’t need to pay for this when you purchase the course if you don’t wish to or your circumstances may not allow you to. The AAT membership is one upfront payment that is paid directly to the AAT and lasts the duration of your course.
AAT membership doesn’t just allow you to sit your exams, but there are also many benefits to having an AAT membership such as:
- Access to MyAAT: In relation to being able to sit your exams, the “MyAAT” also gives you access to your results as well as progress which you can print off and add to your CV for extra credibility when applying for new jobs and finance roles.
- AAT Lifelong Learning Portal: Being an AAT Member gives you access to the AAT’s lifelong learning portal which includes AAT sample Assessments to help you practice for the real exams.
- Free events and Training: These include AAT webinars, events, and more.
- Free Excel E-Learning: This teaches you how to use Excel as part of your studies and real-life scenarios which you will use in a working environment.
- AAT Rewards: Such as TOTUM student discount and much more!
- AAT Discussion Forum: discussion forum to interact with other students who are also studying the AAT qualifications.
- Regular updates: This includes AAT weekly updates and updates about the finance industry in general through email.
- ’20’ Student Magazine: Magazine dedicated to AAT students. It gives students tips to get their qualifications and kick start their finance careers.
- Up-to-date information: As an AAT member, you have access to up-to-date information, resources, a wide community, and their local branches’ support network, so you will always be the first to know of any changes as well as being a part of a growing professional community.
- You have a voice! As an AAT member, you have the opportunity to have your voices and opinions heard which improves how the AAT works for you as well as future members. You can read more about the AAT’s membership and how it works in the AAT’s article here.
There are many more benefits to the AAT membership which you can read in our “What to expect from AAT membership” blog.
We hope this has helped you to understand why you need your AAT membership as well as the benefits of having this, but if you do have any questions about AAT membership or our AAT courses in general then please do contact us on one of the methods below:
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 01392 435349