AAT Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping
Take your career to the next level with the AAT Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping
Here at Accountancy Learning we specialise in distance learning delivery, so you can study the AAT Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping course from your own home at flexible times that suit you, your family, and any other commitments such as a full-time job.
The AAT Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping represents the typical starting point for those who wish to work in a Bookkeeping role in practice or industry. It’s also an excellent qualification for those who are already working in finance but would like recognition of their skills.
The Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping course consists of the same two financial accounting units that are included in the full Level 2 Certificate in Accounting. However, the latter qualification contains 2 further units to complete.
Entry requirements: You don’t need any prior accounting or bookkeeping qualifications, skills, knowledge, or experience to get started (although good basic numeracy and literacy skills are needed).
Upon successful completion, you will receive a certificate from the AAT. You can then choose to progress onto any of the AAT Level 3 qualifications. Options include The Level 3 Certificate in Bookkeeping or Level 3 Diploma in Accounting.
Unsure which course is right for you?
The AAT Level 2 Certificate in Accounting Overview
The AAT Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping consists of two units:
- Introduction to Bookkeeping (ITBK)
- Principles of Bookkeeping Controls (POBC)
The package you choose will be determined by the level of coaching and tutor support you think you’ll need to help you successfully complete your course.
- Self-study EXTRA package – Studying via our Self-study EXTRA means that you will have full access to all of our learning materials. Our resources include Progress Tests, Practice Assessments, and Mock Exams, which you will be expected to complete during your course. Don’t panic though, as we will provide you with all the answers so that you can mark your own work.If you get stuck along the way though e.g. with a topic or study task, the only thing you will not be able to do is to ask a tutor to help you with it! However, the good news is that you can upgrade to a tutor-supported package at any time, as needed.
- Tutor supported – Students enrolled on our tutor supported package are assigned a dedicated personal tutor. Your personal tutor is there to help, guide and coach you during your course, and… you can contact them as many times as you like. Your personal tutor will also contact you on a regular basis to help ensure you keep on track (and nag you if necessary!)Your personal tutor will also mark and provide feedback on all the Progress Tests and Practice Assessments you submit to them – this is a vital aspect of the course as it will help both you and us determine when you are ready to start sitting your exams.
- Tutor supported PLUS – Tutor Supported PLUS is an ‘all inclusive’ package. So, in addition to the course materials and unlimited tutor support, this package includes all the extra costs, such as AAT admission fees, exam fees, and exam invigilation (administration) fees.On top of that, we have a PASS PLUS GUARANTEE for all our tutor supported PLUS students – with our exceptionally high pass rates, it is highly unlikely that you would need to re-sit an exam, but just in case you don’t pass the first time, we’ll cover all the costs for you! (Terms and conditions apply.)
For more details, please read the details below.
With Accountancy Learning, you will have full access to all of our unique e-learning resources, which include:
- Individual Learning Plan (ILP) – tailored to you
- Comprehensive Study Support Guide – make sure you read it!
- Bite-size, step-by-step interactive presentations with voiceovers
- Downloadable transcripts for when you’re “on the go”
- Practical downloadable activities/answers
- Interactive online quizzes to check your learning every step of the way
- Progress Tests
- Exam Revision courses including exam-style practice questions
- Practice Assessments
- Mock Exams
- AAT Resources including practising with the AAT’s online exam software
In fact, everything you need to fully prepare yourself for the AAT’s ‘live’ exams.
The AAT Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping course can lead to employment as:
- Purchase/Sales Ledger Clerk
- Trainee Bookkeeper
- Finance Assistant
- Accounts Assistant
We have three different course packages to suit all needs and budgets.
You can choose to either pay in full, or choose one of the following payment plans below:
Tutor Supported PLUS
Are you an employer looking to enrol a member of staff?
*Invoice option available