AAT Level 2 Certificate in Accounting
Take your career to the next level with the AAT Level 2 Accounting
Here at Accountancy Learning we specialise in distance learning delivery, so you can study the AAT Level 2 Certificate in Accounting course from your own home at flexible times that suit you, your family, and any other commitments such as a full-time job.
This course represents the typical starting point for those who wish to work in an accounting role in practice or industry. It’s also an excellent qualification for those who are already working in finance but would like recognition of their skills. Studying this qualification will help you develop practical accountancy skills in the double-entry bookkeeping system and basic costing, as well as an understanding of purchase, sales and general ledgers. You will also learn an understanding of accounting software and develop the professional skills and behaviours needed in the workplace.
Entry Requirements: You don’t need any prior accounting qualifications, skills, knowledge, or experience to get started (although good basic numeracy and literacy skills are needed).
Following successful completion of the AAT Level 2 Accounting, you can progress onto any of the AAT Level 3 qualifications.
Unsure which course is right for you?
The AAT Level 2 Certificate in Accounting Overview
The AAT Level 2 Certificate in Accounting consists of four-unit assessments:
- Introduction to Bookkeeping (ITBK)
- Principles of Bookkeeping Controls (POBC)
- Principles of Costing (PCTN)
- The Business Environment (BESY)
The package you choose will be determined by the level of coaching and tutor support you think you’ll need to help you successfully complete your course.
- Self-Study EXTRA package – Studying via our Self-Study EXTRA package, means that you will have full access to all of our learning materials. Our resources include Progress Tests, Practice Assessments, and Mock Exams, which you will be expected to complete during your course. Don’t panic though, as we will provide you with all the answers so that you can mark your own work. If you get stuck along the way though e.g. with a topic or study task, the only thing you will not be able to do is to ask a tutor to help you with it! However, the good news is that you can upgrade to a tutor-supported package at any time, as needed.
- Tutor supported package – Students enrolled on our Tutor Supported package are assigned a dedicated personal tutor. Your personal tutor is there to help, guide and coach you during your course, and… you can contact them as many times as you like. Your personal tutor will also contact you on a regular basis to help ensure you keep on track (and nag you if necessary!)Your personal tutor will also mark and provide feedback on all the Progress Tests and Practice Assessments you submit to them – this is a vital aspect of the course as it will help both you and us determine when you are ready to start sitting your exams.
- Tutor supported PLUS – Our Tutor Supported PLUS is an ‘all inclusive’ package. So, in addition to the course materials and unlimited tutor support, this package includes all the extra costs, such as AAT admission fees, exam fees, and exam invigilation (administration) fees. On top of that, we have a PASS PLUS GUARANTEE for all our StandardPLUS students – with our exceptionally high pass rates, it is highly unlikely that you would need to re-sit an exam, but just in case you don’t pass the first time, we’ll cover all the costs for you! (Terms and conditions apply.)
For more details, please read the details below.
With Accountancy Learning, you will have full access to all of our unique e-learning resources, which include:
- Individual Learning Plan (ILP) – tailored to you
- Comprehensive Study Support Guide – make sure you read it!
- Bite-size, step-by-step interactive presentations with voiceovers
- Downloadable transcripts for when you’re “on the go”
- Practical downloadable activities/answers
- Interactive online quizzes to check your learning every step of the way
- Progress Tests
- Exam Revision courses including exam style practice questions
- Practice Assessments
- Mock Exams
- AAT Resources including practising with the AAT’s online exam software
In fact, everything you need to fully prepare yourself for the AAT’s ‘live’ exams!
The AAT Level 2 Certificate in Accounting course can lead to employment as:
- Accounts administrator
- Accounts assistant
- Accounts payable clerk
- Purchase/sales ledger clerk
- Trainee accounting technician
- Trainee finance assistant
We have three different course packages to suit all needs and budgets.
You can choose to either pay in full, or choose one of the following payment plans below:
Tutor Supported PLUS
PLEASE NOTE: If you are planning on paying in full, this will show as a payment plan of 1 month. This means we will only take the full payment from you once.
Are you an employer looking to enrol a member of staff?
*Invoice option available