The Professional (Level 4) Diploma in Accounting consists of five unit assessments and one synoptic assessment:
- Financial Statements of Limited Companies (FSLC)
- Management Accounting: Budgeting (MABU)
- Management Accounting: Decision and Control (MDCL)
- Synoptic Assessment (PDSY)
– Incorporating ‘Accounting Systems and Controls’ (ASYC)
You will also have to choose 2 of these optional units to complete the qualification.
- Personal Tax (PLTX)
- External Auditing (ETAU)
- Business Tax (BSTX)
- Cash and Treasury Management (CTRM)
- Credit Management (CDMT)
The package you choose will be determined by the level of coaching and tutor support you think you’ll need to help you successfully complete your course.
- Basic (self-study) package – Studying via our Basic package (Self-study) means that you will have full access to all of our learning materials. Our resources include Progress Tests, Practice Assessments and Mock Exams, which you will be expected to complete during your course. Don’t panic though, as we will provide you with all the answers so that you can mark your own work.If you get stuck along the way though e.g. with a topic or study task, the only thing you will not be able to do is to ask a tutor to help you with it! However, the good news is that you can upgrade to a tutor-supported package at any time, as needed.
- Standard package (Tutor supported) – Students enrolled on our Standard package are assigned with a dedicated personal tutor. Your personal tutor is there to help, guide and coach you during your course, and… you can contact them as many times as you like. Your personal tutor will also contact you on a regular basis to help ensure you keep on track (and nag you if necessary!)Your personal tutor will also mark and provide feedback on all the Progress Tests and Practice Assessments you submit to them – this is a vital aspect of the course as it will help both you and us determine when you are ready to start sitting your exams.
- StandardPLUS package (Tutor supported) – StandardPLUS is an ‘all inclusive’ package. So, in addition to the course materials and unlimited tutor support, this package includes all the extra costs, such as AAT admission fees, exam fees, and exam invigilation (administration) fees.On top of that, we have a PASS PLUS GUARANTEE for all our StandardPLUS students – with our exceptionally high pass rates, it is highly unlikely that you would need to re-sit an exam, but just in case you don’t pass the first time, we’ll cover all the costs for you! (Terms and conditions apply.)
For more details, please read the details below.
Our materials include a mix of study textbooks (Osborne) supplemented by online learning resources, which include:
- Individual Learning Plan (ILP) – tailored to you
- Comprehensive Study Support Guide – make sure you read it!
- Prep Tests (computer marked)
- Practical downloadable activities/answers
- Exam Revision courses including exam style practice questions
- Practice Assessments
- Mock Exams
- AAT Resources including practising with the AAT’s online exam software
In fact, everything you need to fully prepare yourself for the AAT’s ‘live’ exams.
The AAT Professional (L4) Diploma in Accounting course can lead to employment as:
- Accounts Payable and Expenses Supervisor
- Assistant Financial Accountant
- Commercial Analyst
- Cost Accountant
- Fixed Asset Accountant
- Indirect Tax Manager
- Payments and Billing Manager
- Payroll Manager
- Senior Bookkeeper
- Senior Finance Officer
- Senior Fund Accountant
- Senior Insolvency Administrator
- Tax Supervisor
- VAT Accountant