Profession: Member in Practice
AAT Level 4
Level 4 Diploma in Accounting
- Have progressed from either the AAT Level 3 Diploma in Accounting
- Have good prior knowledge of double entry bookkeeping
- Are working as a bookkeeper but want recognition of their skills
This course builds on the financial and management accounting topics in the AAT Level 3 Diploma as well as report on ‘Internal Controls and Accounting Systems’. The course includes 4 mandatory units and 2 of 5 optional units.
Upon completion of this course, you can apply for full AAT membership (evidence of relevant work experience will be required).
AAT Level 3
Level 3 Diploma in Accounting
This course includes preparation of final accounts for sole traders and partnerships, costing, indirect tax (VAT), intermediate spreadsheets and professional ethics.
You can progress onto the AAT Level 4 Diploma in Accounting.
AAT Level 2
Level 2 Certificate in Accounting
- Are looking for a career in accounting (little or no prior knowledge or experience is necessary but good basic numeracy and literacy skills are needed)
- Are already working in finance but want recognition of their skills
- Who have completed the AAT Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping and want to completed the remaining units of the full level 2.
This course includes the same two financial accounting units in the AAT Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping qualification. It also includes Computerised Accounting, Basic Costing and Work Effectively in Accounting and Finance.
You can progress onto any of the any of the AAT Level 3 Qualifications.