AAT Day Release Courses in Exeter, Plymouth and Taunton
For those students within travel distance of the above centres, a day release course option is available.
This supplements our normal distance learning programme with the ability to attend tutor supported training sessions each week.
How Much Does It Cost?
The table below shows the Day Release Course costs.
*Please note that the exam fees are for exam ‘1st attempts’. Exam fees can either be paid upon enrolment or at the time of booking each exam.
What Do The Day Release Course Fees Include?
- Attendance at weekly classroom sessions in Plymouth, Exeter or Taunton (see notes i), ii), iii), and iv) below)
- Uncapped Personal Tutor Support (see notes v) and vi) below)
- Interactive Online Course Materials, ranging from fully on-line interactive materials at Level 2, to more traditional study materials at Level 4
- ‘Welcome Pack’ (electronic) including Study Support guide and online course resources login details
- A tailored Individual Learning Plan (ILP)
- Access to accounting software for the Level 2 computerised accounting unit
- Marking and feedback by the personal tutor on the course progress tests and practice assessments
- Regular pro-active contact by the personal tutor to ensure progress in line with the ILP
Interest Free Payment Plans
In order to aid your cash-flow, you can spread the cost of the course over its duration, for a small admin charge of £50 + VAT. Please tick the box to your right, if you wish to choose this option
Additional AAT Costs
- AAT Admission Fee – £41: This is a one-off fee, payable on initial registration with the AAT
- AAT Membership Fee – £90: This is not payable if a student only registers for the Bookkeeping qualifications, where the registration fee lasts 12 months. For the full Accounting qualification, the membership fee is payable on admission and thereafter, annually.
- Invigilation Fees – FREE for first attempts: Although we charge £30 + VAT to external candidates, we don’t want students to sit their exam until all parties are happy that they are ready. To encourage students, we will not charge an invigilation fee for the first attempt at each exam. In the unlikely event of a re-sit, we will only charge £15 + VAT
The Fine Detail…
- If it is not possible for your student to attend on a particular date, they can attend the alternative venue, if convenient
- The sessions are currently held at 9.30am to 8.30pm in Exeter on Tuesdays. In Plymouth, the sessions are held on Thursdays from 9.30am to 8.30pm and and in Taunton, the sessions are also held on Thursdays from 2.00pm until 8.30pm. The latter will be extended to 9.30am to 8.30pm in August 2017
- The programmes are “roll-on-roll-off”, so students can start at any time and progress at a pace to suit them. Students can attend as little or as much of the day as the employer requires. The lost chargeable time avoided will considerably outweigh the actual cost of the course
- Because the pace of the course is flexed to suit each student, the classroom sessions are designed for personal learning with a tutor on hand to provide 1:1 support and guidance when needed
- In addition, a tutor is available throughout the rest of the week, and on some evenings, to provide additional tutor support by phone, email or Skype – or by further drop-ins by arrangement
- We expect students to put in personal study time in addition to these day release sessions – hence the availability of tutors throughout the week
- This is a blended learning programme, providing a mix of distance learning / on-line and 1:1 support
We don’t expect you to attend the whole day from 9.30am until 8.30pm – just at the time to suit you, your employer and your specific requirements.
If you would like an enrolment form for our AAT Day Release programme, please click HERE