The Finance and Performance Service provides a range of financial and admin support to Somerset County Council in its planning and management of services, obtaining the most effective use of resources and fulfilling its statutory responsibilities.
Following a restructure of roles there is an exciting opportunities available within the Adults and Health Finance group covering a wide range of activities, primarily in support of the Adult Social Care.
- Maintain systems to enable practices and procedures to operate to specified standards
- Prepare orders for goods/services, receive and check delivery notes, invoices and accounts. Process invoices for payment after certification by an appropriate senior member of staff.
- Check financial information and arrange amendments as necessary (eg monthly downloads and uploading of journals).
- Deal with general queries from colleagues, suppliers and clients relating to the financial information systems (eg payment queries).
- Prepare invoices for services/goods provided, receive and check payments, update financial records and investigate debt recovery.
- Use IT systems to input and extract information and distribute information to appropriate staff (eg SAP, spreadsheets)
- Prepare and process routine correspondence, reports and other documents
- Other support to team as necessary.
- Exceptional communication skills both written and verbal
- Excellent attention to detail and work with a high level of accuracy
- Confident and polite telephone manner
- Professional attitude
- Team player
- GCSE A* to C in English and Maths preferable, but not essential.
To apply please email your CV with a full covering letter to email@example.com answering the following questions:
- What is your biggest achievement to date?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?
Closing Date: 15th September 2017