This position is ideal for someone motivated to achieve their AAT qualifications whilst applying their knowledge in a fast paced environment. You will be an integral part of a small team managing the day to day finances of an award winning film studios.
Your tasks will be varied and at some point would include:
- Credit Control
- Account Reconciliations
- Staff expenses
- Assistance with Month End
- Process daily payments
- Bank runs if required
- Making and receiving telephone calls
- Go through the daily post
- Data input
- Faxing, photocopying, scanning and filing
- Ad hoc tasks
- 5 GCSE’s at Grade A*-C, including Maths and English.
- 2 A levels Grade A*-C or equivalent (desirable)
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook
- Knowledge of Sage systems (preferred but not essential. Full training provided)
- Good interpersonal skills
- Accurate typing and/or data entry skills
- Hard working
- Good attention to Detail
We are looking for a confident and ambitious individual. We would prefer a candidate who has some experience, even short term, with an office environment and understands the varied work involved. Starting with more basic tasks, you will quickly learn and be given more responsibility and more exciting projects.
About the Employer
What’s in a name? Yes, Spectrecom is a cheeky reference to an iconic and villainous Bond organisation. Spectrecom was established in 1993 and has evolved over the years into the combined video communications agency and film studio business that you see today. We’re based in central London in Kennington, and the company’s premises houses production offices, 12 edit suites, 2 film / TV studios, and extensive support facilities. Our creative team comprises a wealth of talent specialising in different disciplines from across the spectrum of film, broadcast and business communication. A structured in-house rolling training programme ensures the highest standards and reaches into every part of the business. We’re constantly developing insight and pushing creativity across our four key areas of expertise; charity, finance, education and agency/studio.
You can view the employer website here
Hours are 9am to 6pm Monday to Friday – 40 hours per week
Salary £10,000 per annum
Once registered as an apprentice you will be eligible for both an NUS discount card and an Apprentice Oyster card.
Send your full CV with covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org answering the following questions:
- How do you meet the skills and personal qualities we are looking for?
- Why are you interested in undertaking an apprenticeship as an Accounts Assistant?
Closing date: 12th March (this vacancy may be withdrawn if a suitable candidate is found before this time)
All applications are subject to apprenticeship eligibility criteria.