Bick Accountants Ltd are looking to recruit an AAT Accounts & Administration Apprentice in Exeter.
Working in our city centre based Exeter office, with occasional work in our Exmouth office, this role will see you taking on a variety of finance and administrative tasks including:
- Basic bookkeeping and basic accounts preparation from a variety of different types of client records
- Reception duties including telephone answering and welcoming clients
- Office admin including filing, sorting paperwork and posting letters.
You will provide a first class service to our clients, which range from individuals and partnerships to charities and limited companies operating in many different areas of business.
This is a permanent positon paying considerably more than apprentice minimum wage, where you will be a vital part of the team. You will continue to take on more roles and complete work to a higher degree as your knowledge and skills grow. We are looking for someone who is committed and wanting to grow within the company.
You will receive full on the job training from a friendly team, and support to gain at least AAT qualifications. You will have the opportunity to continue your AAT studies to a higher level whilst continuing to work with us and there may also be options to gain further professional qualifications, as overtime your work based skills and level of responsibility will increase.
Initially studying for AAT Level 2 (or higher based on previous qualifications), you will receive support from both the Bick Accountants and Accountancy Learning to pass your exams. You will be given time to study during the week, but also be expected continue your studies outside of normal office hours.
As you learn more in both the office and in your studies your responsibilities and variety of tasks is expected to increase.
- GCSE English Grade C or above
- GCSE Maths Grade C or above
- Equivalent qualifications are also acceptable.
Skills & Attributes:
- Confident telephone manner and good communication skills
- Interest in accountancy
- Punctual and reliable
- Well presented
- You need to be friendly, customer focussed and committed to a career in accountancy.
- You should also have a desire to progress and take on more responsibility over time.
- You will be required to complete a “fit and proper” declaration and be expected to behave in a professional manner at all times.
If you are interested in this position please email your full CV, including any predicted grades, and answer the following questions –
- Why are you interested in working as an accounts assistant?
- What skills do you feel you have to offer us and what makes you unique?
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Working Hours: 35 hours p/w
Weekly Wage: £185.50 to £234.50, depending on age
Closing date: 12th August
All applications are subject to apprenticeship eligibility criteria.