Thomas Westcott is one of the West Country’s leading accountancy and business advisory firms. We’ve built an enviable reputation in the agriculture and estates, charity, property and professional practice sectors advising embryonic start-ups to established businesses. The size of our firm means that you will develop quickly and give advice that makes visible and tangible differences to organisations and individuals. We work with a wide range of clients, advising everyone from owner-managed businesses to public entities to notable high-net-worth individuals.
You can progress quickly within the firm. Our retention rates for staff are excellent, with several of our current partners having trained with the firm.
Both practical and theoretical training will be supported, with the aim to becoming a member of the Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT). Trainees will have support and on the job training from managers and other senior staff. During your training you will be expected to develop an understanding of the practical issues involved in delivering a high quality service to clients.
Starting at Level 3 (AAT Advanced) there is potential for the Trainee to then move on to the ICAEW CFAB qualification and ACA thereafter.
Candidates who have already achieved Level 3 may be considered for a Level 4 Apprenticeship.
- 2 A Levels grade A-C
- A minimum of 5 GCSE’s at Grade A*-C, including Maths and English at grade B minimum.
- Strong numeracy, literacy skills and IT skills.
- Interest in business and accountancy
- Good communication skills
- Natural aptitude with numbers
- Analytical and methodical approach to your work
- Professional attitude to work and studying
- Commitment and dedication
To apply please email your CV with a full covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org stating which office(s) you are interested in working in.
Please answer the following questions:
- Why do you want to train to be an Accounting Technician?
- Why should we consider you for the position at Thomas Westcott, what can you tell us that would make you stand out as the ideal candidate for the position?
Employer website: https://www.thomaswestcott.co.uk/