Firstly, are you on the right course for YOU?
Before you enrol, we like to make sure that you are enrolling onto the right course for your personal situation. The AAT Skillcheck will indicate which level you should start at e.g. Foundation, but this does not necessarily mean that you should undertake the full AAT Foundation Accounting qualification! If for example, your goal is to become a Freelance Bookkeeper, then you might find the AAT Foundation Certificate in Bookkeeping a more appropriate starting point – it’s a cheaper and quicker route too! We are more interested in what is right for you than we are in making a quick sale (although of course, having you enrol with us is important to us too!).
So, when you contact us to ask for advice on our AAT courses, a member of our experienced and knowledgeable team will ask you about your current situation and career aspirations in order that we can provide you with the best possible advice. N.B. We are accountants, not sales people, so you won’t get a ‘hard sell’, just helpful, knowledgeable guidance!
Enrolment and Induction
If we receive your enrolment form by 4.30pm on a normal working day we will process it that day (and often within an hour or two!) You will receive a welcome email which will include:
- A Study Support Guide
- A tailored Individual Learning Plan (ILP)
- A Username and Password for Moodle (our virtual learning environment), where all of our online learning materials can be accessed 24/7
If you opt for the Standard or Premium package, your personal tutor will be in touch with you shortly after enrolments to introduce themselves and run through your Welcome Pack – answering any general questions you may have. Our courses are set out in a ‘very easy to follow’ format – we just like to make sure that you are happy with everything!
What Tutor Support Will I Get?
This all depends on the course package you have enrolled upon. We offer three different packages:
- Standard: access to all the learning materials and full tutor support
- Premium: as for the Standard package, but with all the associated AAT registration, membership, exam fees and exam invigilation fees* included – no hidden extras!
- Basic: for those who want to self-study on their own without tutor support. You will have access to all the online course materials (including textbooks, as appropriate) and assessment answers to self-mark your work.
* The average invigilation fee to sit AAT exams is £20-£60. The Premium package covers invigilation fees up to a maximum of £45 per exam.
Can I Upgrade my Course Package?
A question we often get asked is “if I enrol on the self-study Basic Package, can I upgrade my package if I find that I am struggling without the tutor support”? The answer is “Yes”, this will be no problem at all. If you make the decision to upgrade part way through your course, we will simply charge you on a pro-rata basis for the units that you have not completed yet. You can also upgrade just for a single unit, if there is a subject that you are finding particularly challenging.