If you are thinking about a career in accounting and perhaps starting an AAT course, it’s a big step to take – some questions you could be asking yourself include:
- Will accounting be for me – will I enjoy it?
- What if the learning materials provided don’t match my preferred learning style?
- Will I find accounting too hard?
These questions, (added to the cost and time commitment needed), may put you off making a decision.
So, before making the ‘big leap’, why not ‘test drive’ our Basic Bookkeeping Taster course for just £4.99? You can also access a mini-taster for absolutely FREE by completing the form on the right (please note: if you would like access to the regular £4.99 Taster Course you will also need to complete this form and follow the steps emailed to you).
What will the Bookkeeping Taster Course Include?
There are 3 comprehensive learning sessions which include:
- Some useful downloadable pdf ‘aide memoires’ to help you with the course
- Interactive presentations with voiceovers and end of session quizzes
- Downloadable pdf presentation transcripts
- Downloadable pdf activities and answers
- And finally a downloadable pdf Progress Test at the end to test your learning.
The topics covered included in the learning sessions include:
- Glossary of accounting terms
- Double entry bookkeeping and the use of ledgers
- Dealing with debits and credits
- Introduction to T-accounts
- Balancing off T-accounts in the ledgers
- The dual effect for sales and purchases
- The Trial Balance
After you have completed the course, even if you decide that accounting isn’t for you, or the materials don’t suit you learning style, this short course will have ‘done its job’ and, you can at least come away with a good understanding of the basic concepts of double entry bookkeeping!
Example Screenshots from our Basic Bookkeeping Taster Course:
If you are interested in trying out the Basic Bookkeeping Taster Courses, then just complete your details in the form on the right hand side of this page.
N.B. We use this Basic Bookkeeping course as an introduction to the AAT Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping/AAT Level 2 Certificate in Accounting, so if you subsequently decide to enrol with us on either of these courses, you will not have to complete the Basic Bookkeeping Introductory course again.