This position will allow you to start your accounting career as you learn on the job whilst studying for professional AAT qualifications.
You will help prepare clients’ accounts and your duties will include a variety of tasks such as:
- Preparation of financial statements for a variety of clients and business types.
- Processing client purchase and sales invoices
- Processing client bank transactions and reconciling the bank
- Use of various different types of accounting software including cloud based software.
- Preparation of VAT returns – learning about different VAT rates, schemes and rules.
- Filing Companies House and H M Revenue & Customs documents on client’s behalf
As well as being good with numbers, you will also need excellent communication skills as you will need to politely and effectively communicate with our clients.
About the Employer:
Riley is a team of professional accountants passionate about understanding and helping businesses improve what they do; fascinated by getting to know business owners and excited about the opportunity to help them to achieve their goals. Oh, and we like to have fun!
Qualified through the professional training and exam process, we know how to work hard; but balancing the enjoyment of life and work is as important to us as it is for all our clients.
We have all the technical skills to help businesses and their owners – that should be true of all professional firms. But we are real people, with a love for what we do and the determination and drive to make things happen. People buy people (smart, motivated and talented people) not just accountants.
Employer website: http://www.rileycom.co.uk/cms/
- A minimum of 5 GCSE’s at Grade A*-C, including Maths and English
- Strong numeracy, literacy skills and IT skills.
- Interest in business and accounting
- Proven communication skills
- Hardworking, motivated and reliable
- Professional attitude to work and study
- Committed to this career path
Weekly Wage: £123
Working Hours: 37.5 p/w
Send your full CV with covering letter stating:
- Why you are interested in becoming a trainee accountant
- How you meet the candidate requirements
Closing Date: 20th March, with a view to starting before 31st March.
All applications are subject to apprenticeship eligibility criteria