An opportunity for a recent school leaver to start their career in accounting and finance assisting in the day-to-day running of the finance department. Based in Taunton there may be call to work in other offices; however, transport will be provided if this is ever required.
Alongside learning in the office, you will also formally study for your AAT Foundation Certificate in Accounting.
Whilst studying at foundation level, daily work duties will include but are not limited to:
- Inputting purchase and sales invoices
- Bank reconciliations
- Administrative duties
- Dealing with customers and suppliers
- Helping with aspects of payroll
Upon completion of this apprenticeship and your AAT Foundation, there will be the opportunity to continue your AAT studies at higher levels.
Once studying at a higher level, complexity of tasks will also increase, and more emphasis will be on helping to prepare monthly management figures.
You will study with full support from Accountancy Learning as part of their Flexible Apprenticeship Programme to achieve your AAT qualifications.
Initially studying for AAT Foundation (Level 2) (or higher based on previous qualifications), you will receive support from both the employer, and the training provider, to pass your exams. You will be given time to study during the week, but also be expected continue your studies outside of normal office hours.
As part of your apprenticeship will also learn Employer Rights and Responsibilities as well as important aspects of Health and Safety in the office.
As you learn more in both the office and in your studies your responsibilities and variety of tasks is expected to increase.
- Minimum of 5 GCSEs at Grade A-C to include Maths and English
- Good numerical skills
- Good communication skills
- Ability to apply common sense
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Professional and mature attitude to work and study
- Committed to a career in finance
- Interest and willingness to learn
Working Hours: 9am-5pm Mon – Thurs & 9am-4.30pm Friday (allowing time within this for day release)
Wage: £5 per hour, with view to increase based on performance
To apply, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and answer the following questions:
- What is it specifically about accountancy that interest you?
- What attracts you to taking the apprenticeship route for your studies?
Closing date 24th February 2017.
All applications are subject to apprenticeship eligibility criteria.